Sopora is mother created and mother operated. That might sound like a small thing, but to us, it goes to the very heart of why we are in business: we make mattresses for children—our children and yours. Our kids sleep on these products, too. For that reason alone, they have to be great. After all, our little loved ones are the test market for your little loved ones.
This Mother’s Day we are especially honored to have joined forces with Munire Furniture and Echelon—two companies likewise devoted to creating safe, beautiful, quality furniture to make our children’s lives more beautiful, more comfortable, and more durable. This is a happy union and we have been very blessed to be among friends.
One result of our merger to date, has been a fantastic contest where we gave away an American Dream Nursery, $3,500 value. You heard about it, you may even have voted, but we wanted to stop and take a minute to relive some of the wise words our contestants entered about what it means to be a great mom in honor of the big holiday!
So, without further ado, in honor of Mother’s Day, please read on to be inspired by some of our contest entrants, and some folks who weren’t, to remember the importance of being a great parent, a great mom—like we all strive to be each and every day.
• “Great parents preside over their families in love and righteousness, nurture their children, and responsibly provide the necessities of life and protection for their families.” — Josefina Miller, contestant
• “I never knew how fulfilling life could be until I had my first child! I think two of the most important things you can give your child [are]; unconditional love and living what you teach! … I have come to realize that as a parent, I am learning far more than I am teaching—and maybe that’s what makes a great parent.” –Amy Pugmire, contestant
• “Not [being] afraid to admit mistakes, great parents will say ‘I was wrong,’ ‘I’m sorry,’ and ‘Please forgive me.’ This shows the child vulnerability, teaches forgiveness, and plants the seeds of empathy.’– Katie Christianson, contestant
• “A mother is a person who seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie.”– Tenneva Jordan
• “Most mothers are instinctive philosophers.” –Harriet Beecher Stowe
• “The heart of a mother is a deep abyss at the bottom of which you will always find forgiveness.” Honore de Balzac
And finally, remember that “behind every successful woman……is a basket of dirty laundry”—author unknown (or hiding!) Revel in your motherhood this holiday and wear that macaroni necklace proudly, after all, nothing is sweeter than a gift truly given from their happy little hearts (or their sticky little hands!) Happy Mother’s Day everyone from all of us at Sopora, Echelon, Munire Furniture and Nursery Chatter!