Baby is right around the corner and the nursery isn’t complete yet…. yikes! You’re probably asking yourself: What’s first on the list to purchase? What do I “need” and what’s more so a “want”? How much am I going to need for all of this?
What’s more important is that you stay stress-free as possible so that you and baby are first and foremost healthy. The nursery will come along..it always does!
1. If you are doing the nursery on your own or getting help from a spouse or family member, set a time to sit and discuss what is feasible. Remember, you are having a permanent addition to the family and diapers, doctor visits, college, soccer, and ballet classes can get pretty expensive. Take a look around your home and see what you can use, especially for accent pieces. It’s okay to re-cycle something and add a touch of character like re-painting.
2. Once you’ve decided on a budget, shop around! Promotions and sales are always happening at some point. For example, Munire Furniture, Echelon Furniture, Baby Cache, and Sopora Sleep Products often participate in ‘Giveaways.’ You heard right… a FREE crib and sometimes a mattress too! That’s a huge amount of savings for any parent, especially first timers.
3. Start shopping early. It gives you enough space to budget and not overspend. Purchases made along the way are easier on your pockets than a one time all out purchase. Plus, you can get some items and advice from family members, friends, and even co-workers on what you need immediately and what can wait.
4. Check for product safety and warranties. For example, ALL of our products are tested for compliance to Federal Regulation 16 CFR 1303 for lead content and are certified as such by testing institutions and laboratories recognized by both the American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM) and the Consumer Products Safety Commission (CPSC). We meet or exceed every federal safety standard and are certified by the Juvenile Products Manufacturers Association (JPMA). This is a very important feature to inspect. Your child’s safety is of utmost importance.
5. Pick a color pallet. The paint decision goes a long way! If the room is already painted a neutral color, stick to it so that you can have more room to chose accent pieces to make the room pop! It also saves you time and money spent on paint.
6. If you’ve found a great deal on a crib, purchase it first! It’s usually the biggest purchase but the most needed. Lifetime 4-in-1 Convertible Cribs are also a great choice because they grow with your child from infant, toddler, well into their adult years. Variety of styles and finishes are available ranging from modern, traditional, to contemporary. Luckily for you we offer these products!